- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 750g chicken breast, cubed
- 1 kg tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cored, de-seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic cloves
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the onion and fry until soft.
- Mix the turmeric, coriander, cumin and chilli powder in a bowl with the water. Stir in to the onion and simmer until the liquid has dried up – about 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken and fry on all sides, then add the tomatoes and a pinch of salt. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the green pepper, garlic and chillies. Cook, uncovered, until all the tomato juices have evaporated and the chicken is cooked. Eat with naan bread and rice and salad.