- 250g rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3-4 spring onions, sliced thinly diagonally
- 2.5cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 125g mangetout
- 125g cooked ham cubes/cooked ham (shredded)
- 75g bean sprouts pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 8 tablespoons chicken stock or water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Cook the rice noodles according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of stock or water to make a smooth paste, then stir in the rest of the stock or water, the soy sauce, sherry and sesame oil.
- Drain the noodles, plunge under cold water and drain again.
- Heat the oil in a wok, or large frying pan over a medium heat, chick in the spring onions, ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until soft but not brown. Add the chicken, turn the heat up to high and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until lightly coloured all over.
- Add the mangetout to the pan and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, then add the ham and bean sprouts and stir-fry to mix.
- Stir the sauce, pour into the wok and bring to the boil, stirring all the time. Add the noodles and a pinch of pepper and toss until completely mixed and everything is hot.
Make sure the pan or wok is very hot before adding any ingredients.