- 250g long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 2.5cm piece of fresh root ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g cauliflower florets
- 100g green beans, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon hot curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 150g natural yoghurt
- 25g raisins
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions and drain
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan, add the carrots, potato, ginger and garlic and fry for 10 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the cauliflower, beans, curry paste, turmeric and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the yoghurt and rasisins. Pile the rice on top of the vegetables, cover and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, checking it isn’t sticking to the pan.
- Dollop the biryani onto plates and tuck in.
If you want to add meat, you can add cooked chicken when you’re adding the yoghurt and satisfy that carnivore craving.