(Plus 4 hours marinating)
- 500 chicken breast, cut into slices
- ready-made satay sauce, to serve
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 100ml soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- raw onion, chopped
- cucumber, chunks, roughly chopped
- Put the chicken slices in a bowl and add all the ingredients for the marinade. Stir well and make sure that all the chicken pieces are covered in the marinade. Leave for at least 4 hours, but preferable overnight. Give the chicken an occasional stir.
- Carefully spear the chicken pieces onto the skewers, leaving some space at either end. Put them under a hot grill for about 2 minutes, turning once. As you cannot see if the chicken is cooked through, test one piece- you can always grill it for a little longer if you need to.
- You will have to cook the skewers in batches, so keep the cooked chicken warm while waiting for them all to be done.
- Put on top of raw onion and cucumber and dip into the satay sauce.